Working with key partners, the China Healthcare & Life Sciences Roadshow 2015 – facilitated by the GREAT Britain Campaign and organised by UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), Healthcare UK and the China-Britain Business Council – will highlight to UK organisations the extensive work that has been done to identify and scope current opportunities in the healthcare sector.
Led by Brian Gallagher, Minister-Counsellor and Campaign Strategy Director for Life Sciences, Health and Social Care for China at UKTI China, and senior members and sector specialists in the healthcare and life sciences team, the Roadshow will provide participants with an excellent opportunity to learn more about the latest developments and opportunities in the sector in China.
UK Companies secured more than £500m of business in China’s Healthcare sector during 2014/15
Who should attend?
- NHS Trusts and their partner hospitals and universities
- UK companies that supply the NHS and healthcare sector with products and services
- Innovative digital health companies
- Elderly care home operators and service providers
- Providers of healthcare education & training solutions
What will the Roadshow cover?
- The latest news on specific business opportunities in the key focus areas of:
- Hospital Solutions – design, operation and services for hospitals
In China, there are plans for the construction of 2,000 county level hospitals and 29,000 township level hospitals.
- Digital Health
By 2025 it is estimated China’s middle class will number 520 million people – demanding more specialist treatment services and more choice.
- Elderly Care
The number of people aged 65+ in China is predicted to double by 2030 to 300 million.
- Education and Training – medical education and hospital administration etc.
Training requirements for an estimated 500,000 doctors, 1 million nurses and 5 million care workers.
- An overview of the main opportunities in the life sciences sector
- Background information on Doing Business in China
- Information on the ongoing support available to UK companies to access the market
- A one-to-one meeting programme with sector specialists from China and the UK.
To register for this event visit: https://portal.cbbc.org/civicrm/event/info?id=974