Calling all creative and digital SMEs in Greater Manchester – India’s digital sector needs you!
As one of the world’s fastest growing economies, it is expected that by 2020 India will have over 600 million internet users and over 800 million people with smart phones. Powered by digital technologies, the growth in the availability of broadband, sophisticated mobile devices and a welcoming regulatory framework, the Indian media and entertainment market present a unique opportunity for Greater Manchester’s businesses to take advantage.
This flagship initiative will provide Manchester’s creative and digital SMEs with the market intelligence to enable them to access and benefit from India’s growing creative and digital market.
The Exchange aims to build strategic partnerships, facilitate collaborations between SMEs and large Indian creative and digital companies.
Key speakers and panelists include:
- Ashish Kulkarni, CEO Reliance Animation
- Sabbas Joseph, CEO, Wizcraft International Entertainment
- Sanjay Wadhwa, CEO, AP International
- Biren Ghose, CEO, Technicolour India and ABAI
- Stephen Wild, Managing Director, MediaCityUK
- Professor Andrew Cooper, University of Salford MediaCityUK
- Mike Ryan, Founder and Digital Futurist, Fusion Futures
- Ajaz Ahmed, Founder of Freeserve, So Savvy and Legal365.com
- Shujat Ali, CEO, Asian Sound Radio Group
- PK Vaish, CEO, Live link new media
- Debarshi Pandit, OMG Ethnic
The one day exchange is designed to be interactive with key note presentations, informal round table discussions and one-to-one meetings which will focus on:
- The challenges and opportunities in India’s creative, digital and media industry;
- Monitising Digital Platforms;
- Embracing innovation in Media – addressing multi-screen migration;
- How technology is impacting live entertainment in India;
- The growth of India’s animation, VFX and post-production sectors and the need for collaboration with foreign studios;
- How to successfully build UK-India collaborative partnerships;
- How Manchester’s SMEs can provide solutions for the Indian market.
This event will also provide networking opportunities throughout the day and after the event.