HM Treasury and TheCityUK invite you to the Manchester launch of ‘The Review of the Balance of Competences – Single Market: Financial Services and the Free Movement of Capital’
- Date: Tuesday 22 October 2013
- Time: 16:00 – 17:30 (arrivals from 15:45)
- Address: BNY Mellon, 3 Hardman Street, Spinningfields, M3 3HF
The Balance of Competences review analyses the UK’s relationship with the EU, and aims to develop a deeper understanding of these issues and provide a serious contribution to the national and wider debate. HM Treasury is leading on the Single Market: Financial Services and Free Movement of Capital report and is seeking objective evidence on the impact of the EU’s competences in this field.
The review will include: the approach to harmonisation of internal market rules on financial services; institutional integration and the shift towards regional supervision, including future challenges related to banking union; the existing policy-making process and how to ensure, through consultations and impact assessments, that there is proper and democratic due process.
- 16:00: Welcome. Steve Hayes-Allen, Regional Head – Northern UK, BNY Mellon
- 16:05: Introductory presentation. Charles Roxburgh, Director General of Financial Services, HM Treasury
- 16:25: Panel discussion, includes Chris Cummings, Chief Executive, TheCityUK; John Siena, Assistant General Counsel, BNY Mellon
- 17:00: Audience Q&A
- 17:30: Event closes, but HMT officials will be available for discussion
If you would like to attend, or nominate a representative, then rsvp to email@example.com