MIDAS, Manchester’s inward investment agency, has once again joined forces with The Children’s Media Conference, the UK’s premier organisation for the kids’ content industries, to host Manimation, Manchester’s animation and content creation conference.
The conference, which returns to MediaCityUK on the 20th November, 2014 for its second year, will comprise sessions that examine current industry topics and highlight the key factors for success in working in animation, visual effects, commercial animation, interactive content, games, apps and virtual reality. Delegates will also be able to sign up for one-to-one meetings with the speakers on the day.
Cathal Gaffney, CEO of award-winning international animation studio Brown Bag Films, will be the keynote speaker. Two-time Oscar nominees and winners of multiple Emmys, Brown Bag Films produce high-profile international animation from their Dublin headquarters. They are best known for their CGI-animated children’s TV series, including Octonauts, Noddy in Toyland, Doc McStuffins, Peter Rabbit and Henry Hugglemonster.
Having worked with the likes of Disney, Chorion and Nickelodeon since co-founding the company in 1994, Gaffney will provide a wealth of industry insight as he discusses the current climate, the necessity of innovation, and Brown Bag’s plans for the future.
Other speakers include:
- David Barton, Producer, Cubic Motion
- Steve Berman, MD, The Composer Works
- Chris Bowden, Producer, Mackinnon and Saunders
- Jackie Edwards, Executive Producer, Animation and Acquisitions, CBeebies
- Jean Flynn, Producer/Director, Cosgrove Hall Fitzpatrick
- Matthew Gyves, Senior Manager, EMEA – Adobe Systems Europe Ltd
- Christopher Halliday, Senior Certification Analyst, BFI Certification Unit
- Chris Hardcastle, Partner and MD – Mainframe (North)
- Jane Hyndman, Senior Business Affairs Manager, Rights.tv
- David Jackson, MD, 422
- Gina Jackson, Acting MD, Next Gen Skills Academy
- Sarah Ann Kennedy, Course Leader BA/MA Animation, University of Central Lancashire
- Warren Mackenzie, Founder/Partner, Mocapone
- Tony Prosser, MD, RealtimeUK
- Kath Shackletone, Producer, Fettle Animation
- Ken Swain, MD, EON Reality
- Lindsay Watson, Head of UK Business Development & Sales, Toon Boom
The timetable for the day can be seen here: Manimation Timetable 2014
The conference will be followed by Manimation Inspiration, a creative networking event, where Cathal Gaffney (Brown Bag Films) will be in conversation with Westley Wood (CITV).
Tickets are also available for Manimation Inspiration. Entrance is free but you must register in advance. Register for Manimation Inspiration