Animators and kids’ content producers should save the dates – 31 October, 21 November and 12 December – in their diaries now.
MIDAS, Manchester’s inward investment agency, has joined forces with The Children’s Media Conference, the UK’s premier organisation for the kids’ content industries, to run Manimation: The Manchester Animation Festival. Manimation is a series of events designed to inform Greater Manchester’s SMES about the animation and children’s audience and provide networking opportunities with key people within the industry.
Speakers will include broadcasters, commissioners, buyers and animation consultants and the events will help companies to understand the commissioning and acquisition needs of the key UK broadcasters of animation, and their commissioning processes.
SMEs from Greater Manchester who attend two or more events can attend the festival for free. To receive a promotion code for free tickets, please contact Andrew Hill, Andrew.Hill@midas.org.uk.
Keynote speaker: Joe Godwin, Director of BBC Children’s
Joe is responsible for all children’s content at CBBC and CBeebies and is one of the most important people in UK animation and children’s content. Joe is based at the BBC in MediaCity so there’s no better way to hear directly about their future plans and opportunities than by attending this day.
The day will be led by Greg Childs, Editorial Director CMC.
A great line up of TV commissioners have been confirmed. Hear directly from:
- Orion Ross (VP Original Series, Disney Channel & Disney XD, EMEA at The Walt Disney Company)
- Jackie Edwards (Executive Producer, Animations and Acquisitions, CBeebies)
- Lucy Pryke (Development Producer, CBBC Acquisitions and Animation)
- Maddalena Piras (Head of Audiences, Children’s and Learning at BBC)
How you will benefit by attending
- You’ll have the opportunity to network with and meet commissioning and acquisitions executives from the key UK broadcaster customers.
- Receive full information on the animation and children’s media market.
- Learn about commissioning needs from key broadcasters: BBC and Disney
- Established companies will be able to brush up on new developments like the animation tax breaks.
- One-to-ones with commissioners.
- 10.30am Coffee and registration
- 11am Keynote /opening address Joe Godwin, followed by Q&A
- 11.30am Case Studies
- 12.00pm Lunch and networking
- 1.30pm Commissioners’ panels
- 4.15pm One-to-one meetings with commissioners and acquisition execs.
- 5.45pm Networking drinks until 6.30pm
The daytime sessions will be followed by Manimation Celebration, a networking event for Manchester’s animation community. The guest speaker will be Academy nominated Barry Purves, who will be looking at the highs, lows and the future of the animation industry. Tickets are free but you must register in advance.
The Manimation Festival is part-funded through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and delivered through the North West Sector Investment Programme.