18 February, 2008 – four23 takes up residence in redeveloped Carver's Warehouse
As part of their ongoing expansion, creative agency four23 has moved its Manchester studio to the newly-restored Carver's Warehouse on Dale Street in the city's Northern Quarter.
Built by William Crossley in 1806, Carver’s is the only remaining stone built warehouse in the city. The sensitive restoration, led by architect Stan Broster, has retained virtually all of its original timber and cast iron internal structure.
four23′s co-founder and creative director, Warren Bramley says: "We were lucky enough to do a site visit of Carver’s with Martin when the redevelopment was in its formative stage, and we fell in love with the place instantly. It’s part of the city’s heritage and we’re glad to be part of it’s future."
In addition to the new offices four23 have also converted an extra studio space on Newton Street, a two minute walk from Carver’s. The agency have always taken a hands-on approach to their work; and the extra studio provides a space for four23 to apply this method.
Warren Bramley adds: "We’ve never been a team sat behind illuminated screens, it’s not our way, so taking the extra space off site, gives us an uninhibited area to throw paint around, photograph things, cut up, stitch together and just generally play around."
In work-related news four23 have recently conceived, designed and produced a very limited edition publication to commemorate the launch of the adidas Originals store in Liverpool. The beautifully produced book contains five specially commissioned poems from Liverpool bard Ross Sutherland from the collective Aisle 16.
Source: four23 press release