Cathal Gaffney, CEO of award-winning international animation studio Brown Bag Films, has been announced as the keynote speaker at Manimation, Manchester’s animation and content creation conference which will take place at MediaCityUK on Thursday, 20 November.
The conference – returning to Manchester for its second year – will comprise sessions that examine current industry topics and highlight the key factors for success in working in animation, visual effects, commercial animation, interactive content, games, apps and virtual reality.
Two-time Oscar nominees and winners of multiple Emmys, Brown Bag Films produce high-profile international animation from their Dublin headquarters. They are best known for their CGI-animated children’s TV series, including Octonauts, Noddy in Toyland, Doc McStuffins, Peter Rabbit and Henry Hugglemonster.
Having worked with the likes of Disney, Chorion and Nickelodeon since co-founding the company in 1994, Gaffney will provide a wealth of industry insight as he discusses the current climate, the necessity of innovation, and Brown Bag’s plans for the future.
Other speakers at Manimation include:
- David Barton, Producer, Cubic Motion
- Steve Berman, MD, The Composer Works
- Chris Bowden, Producer, Mackinnon and Saunders
- Jackie Edwards, Executive Producer, Animation and Acquisitions, CBeebies
- Jean Flynn, Producer/Director, Cosgrove Hall Fitzpatrick
- Matthew Gyves, Senior Manager, EMEA – Adobe Systems Europe Ltd
- Christopher Halliday, Senior Certification Analyst, BFI Certification Unit
- Chris Hardcastle, Partner and MD – Mainframe (North)
- Jane Hyndman, Senior Business Affairs Manager, Rights.tv
- David Jackson, MD, 422
- Gina Jackson, Acting MD, Next Gen Skills Academy
- Sarah Ann Kennedy, Course Leader BA/MA Animation, University of Central Lancashire
- Warren Mackenzie, Founder/Partner, Mocapone
- Sarah Muller, Head of Acquisition and Drama Development, CBBC
- Tony Prosser, MD, RealtimeUK
- Kath Shackletone, Producer, Fettle Animation
- Ken Swain, MD, EON Reality
- Lindsay Watson, Head of UK Business Development & Sales, Toon Boom
Sarah Kemp, executive director at MIDAS, Manchester’s inward investment agency, said: “Following the success of last year’s inaugural Manimation Festival, we are thrilled to be returning to MediaCityUK in partnership with the Children’s Media Conference.”
“Manimation Festival is on its way to becoming a regular fixture in the annual creative calendar, bringing world-players within the international animation and content creation sectors to one of the UK’s most dynamic and innovative creative hubs.”
“Besides a fantastic line up of speakers, delegates will enjoy a day of workshops, networking and one-to-one meetings aimed at addressing individual business development needs, matched to global opportunities within the supply-chain.
Delegates will also be able to sign up for one-to-one meetings with the speakers on the day.
View the full timetable for the day: Manimation Timetable 2014
The conference will be followed by Manimation Inspiration, a creative networking event, where Cathal Gaffney (Brown Bag Films) will be in conversation with Westley Wood (CITV).