As part of its commitment to deliver maximum levels of investment into Greater Manchester, MIDAS is working alongside UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) to help facilitate bilateral trade opportunities.
MIDAS is co-located with UKTI at Warren Bruce Court in Trafford Park, Manchester. In addition to the services provided by MIDAS, the UKTI team offers a range of services to companies based in Manchester who are looking to explore new, or grow within existing markets. These include:
Overseas Market Introduction (OMIS)
This service provides businesses with international links to specialist local trade experts, reports and advice. The OMIS online service directly plugs into a huge global network of UK Embassies, Consulates and High Commissions – a network of overseas expert advisors to help businesses access the best local support and advice, including competitor analysis, market reviews, bespoke events and local help with business etiquette and culture.
Passport to Export
With Passport to Export, UKTI offers new or inexperienced exporters a helping hand through the global marketplace. The service helps organisations to find new customers and markets, spread their business and increase profitability.
For £250+VAT, Passport to Export includes:
• An expert assessment of a company’s capability for export
• A year long package of training, strategic planning and financial support
• Matched finding of up to £1,000 (VAT not reclaimable) for export related costs such as marketing, market research, translation and staff development
• Up to £500 subsidy towards travel costs for a market visit outside the EU
• Up to six days of one-to-one mentoring from an international trade expert
• A market selection service to assess the potential of products
• Free planning workshops to help develop an export strategy and a selection of masterclasses on key topics
• Customer service – aftercare services to help continue successful development in international trade
Gateway to Global Growth
This free one-year programme is designed for Northwest businesses who have been exporting for two years or more. It offers a simple way to access a wide range of services from trade experts. It provides strategic support and guidance, helping businesses to access expert services from a wide range of UK Trade and Investment and other organisations.
The programme includes; the provision of an in-depth review to identify a company’s requirements and aspirations, quality training, strategic development and masterclasses on key topics, specialist advice and information on national and regional grants available to exporters.
For more information about any of the above programmes, please call 0845 603 7053 or email email@example.com