Armstrong Point, the UK’s first Zero Energy-Cost Business Park, project part funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) was completed in 2012 and provides a significant and exemplar demonstration site of how low and zero carbon technologies can assist SMEs
Benefits of this free service include:
- Advice and guidance to SMEs in the North West to understand their energy consumption, and highlight potential energy savings.
- Demonstration of green technologies available to SMEs.
- Assistance with writing and implementing environmental policies and procedures which can significantly reduce Carbon Emissions.
- Provide immediate, intensive and SME support for the four sub regions of the North West by holding regular events and one-to-one support of SMEs.
- Energy opportunity assessments
As this free service is funded by ERDF you must meet the following eligibility criteria to benefit from the service :
- Has fewer than 250 employees
- Not more than 25% of your organisation is owned by an enterprise that in itself is not an SME
- Annual turnover does not exceed €50 million OR
- Annual balance sheet does not exceed €43 million