Manchester: The City to Scale
Recognised as the UK’s most entrepreneurial city in the Business Cloud report 2021 and home to six unicorn companies, Manchester has established a strong reputation as an economic powerhouse and a competitive place to do business.
Manchester: The City to Scale - Advanced Manufacturing and Low Carbon
Manchester: The City to Scale - Life Science and Healthcare
Manchester: The City to Scale - Financial Professional and Business Services
Manchester: The City to Scale - Creative, Digital and Tech
Six Reasons to Thrive in Manchester
1. Manchester provides access to a wealth of skilled talent, the vital component of scaling any business. With the largest commuter workforce in Europe and 115,000 students at the city’s five universities – SMEs of any size, scale or sector can recruit the right skills.
2. Manchester is home to a thriving community of rapid growth businesses, creating an ecosystem that is agile and sustainable enough to help small-medium sized business leaders address both present and future challenges of their fast-growing firms.
3. Manchester has the infrastructure, investors and investment mechanisms to support the growth of businesses. In November 2020, it became the second most attractive UK city for tech investment – with VC investment reaching $687.6m up from $199.1m in 2018.
4. Officially the UK’s Top Digital Tech City and a national leader across multiple industries, the breadth and strength of Manchester’s ecosystem provides endless commercial opportunities directly within and across different sectors and industries.
5. With up to 20% lower operating costs than the capital, Manchester offers all the benefits of a thriving ecosystem at a significantly lower cost – both for businesses that establish in the city and employees that live here.
6. At the heart of the UK and with Manchester Airport serving more than 210 destinations worldwide, Manchester has the best international connectivity outside of London - enabling the city to compete on a global level.
SME Support and Great Incentives
The team at MIDAS provides a range of support services tailored to help SMEs establish, strengthen and innovate their business in Greater Manchester.
To arrange an informal meeting with a member of the team, contact us to find out more about the offers and discounts available for SMEs as part of our HELLO Manchester soft ‘landing’ package.
HELLO Manchester – Your ‘Soft Landing’ Package
This package helps SMEs to establish themselves and build up a customer base before making a significant capital investment in the city region. It provides free and heavily discounted offers including:
• Fully serviced office space
• Professional and legal services
• Membership with business development organisations
Get In Touch
MIDAS Manchester’s inward investment promotion agency
- 7 minute read
Greater Manchester is a world-class business destination and the most successful large city for attracting foreign direct investment outside London, across multiple industries. To get a glimpse into a…
- 4 minute read
National Apprenticeship Week runs from Monday 5 February to Sunday 11 February. The week serves to bring together everyone passionate about apprenticeships to celebrate the value, benefit and…
- 3 minute read
Greater Manchester boasts an exceptional academic landscape with a storied history that resonates globally. Renowned for its prestigious universities, the city region stands as an academic powerhouse…
Controls and Skills for You, Your Work, and Your World. Join ACOSTE in central Manchester on 1-2 May 2024, for an innovative community learning event focused on Controls and Skills for You, Your Work…
Under the esteemed guidance of the University of Bolton, President and Vice Chancellor Professor George E. Holmes, the groundbreaking AI Consortium, themed “Next Generation Artificial…
The International Conference on Mycorrhiza brings scientists, researchers, educators and private businesses together to share information on mycorrhizal research and developments throughout the…